Tuesday 14 May 2013

Nutella Cake-in-a-Cup

I've put my back out :(
I've never done that before ~ it's not only extremely painful, it's also MEGA annoying! I had to cancel all my (boring but necessary) weekend plans, and have even found crocheting too tiring half the time! Scandal!
Still gotta eat though, and I need comfort food now more than ever. Something quick, easy, and above all, naughty.
I need a cake in a mug.


I've seen these on Pinterest for a while now but hadn't got around to trying one. I looked at a few different recipes before finally tweaking this one just a little.

Ingredients

4 tbsp SR Flour
4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Nutella
1 tbsp Cocoa
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 tbsp Milk
couple drops Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (at room temperature)

Break the egg in a jug and beat it with a fork, then mix in the sugar, oil, milk, and nutella. Add the cocoa and flour and mix well. Pour into two small mugs or cups (my teacups each hold 200ml) and microwave one at a time for about 1 1/2 - 2 mins. Add a squirt of whipped cream or a scoop of ice-cream, and enjoy!


The original recipe calls for this to be mixed and baked in one large mug, but the only large mug I have is a favourite Cath Kidston one, and I didn't want to risk it in the microwave. The recipe made two good-sized cakes so it's no loss, and it rose like crazy so I'm not sure even a large mug would have coped! As you can see in the second picture, the flour didn't mix particularly well, but I still enjoyed it. The texture is similar to one of those microwavable sponge puddings. I might have to see if I can figure out a syrup version!

Have any of you tried mug cake recipes? I'd love to hear how you got on!

No comments:

Post a Comment