Saturday 26 January 2013

Bubbly Scrubbly

Try as I might, I seem unable to focus very well at the moment. The curse of the crafter I guess ~ a million and one ideas bubbling around in my head like champagne bubbles and just as hard to pin down. But necessity being the mother of creation means I get to share this little beauty with you, a crochet scrubcloth.
 


I wanted a little in-front-of-the-tv project, and I've wanted to make a sturdy cleaning cloth for a while now, though this would make a great washcloth, or even a pot-stand for the kitchen! And it's a great way to use up little odds and ends of wool. The pattern is so quick and easy, alternating trebles and dc's to produce a bubbly textured cloth in around an hour.




To make your own Bubbly Scrubbly, you will need:

2 small balls of DK cotton yarn (approx. 15g of each)
6mm crochet hook

Chain 20
Turn
Chain 2, 1tr into top of 3rd stitch from hook (20th cast on stitch), 1dc into top of next stitch, continue alternating trebles and dc's to end.



*Turn
Chain 2, 1tr into top of 3rd stitch from hook, 1dc into top of next stitch, continue alternating trebles and dc's to end*
Repeat the last row from * to * approx. 14 times more (16 rows in total) or until your cloth is square.
Fasten off and weave in ends.


 

 I'm so pleased with the way this turned out, I almost don't want to use it for cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment