Wednesday 2 January 2013

Starting with Smiles

Hello Everybody!
I'm so glad to be back, I can't believe how much I missed posting for the past few weeks!

I'm going to start the New Year off with a simple little idea that's been doing the rounds on Facebook, Pinterest, etc ~ a Memories Jar. The idea is to write down all the little things that make you smile and pop them into a jar, then on New Year's Eve you open the jar and enjoy reliving all the wonderful memories. This is something that I could really have used in 2012, as all the amazing fun we had at the start of the year (my 40th in Oslo, the Jubilee, the Olympics, to name but a few) was eclipsed by Mum's illness and subsequent passing.


All you need is an empty jar. I sprayed the lid of mine a cheery pink and used an old gift tag as a label, but you can make your jar as plain or as fancy as you like. I received a lovely peacock memo block for Christmas which is perfect for noting down my memories. They needn't be big fancy occasions like the Jubilee; a movie night cuddling under a blanket with a loved one sounds like a perfect entry to me, or how about when you reach a particular goal such as weight loss? Whatever makes you happy.
For now I'm going to see about starting my jar off with that movie night.
Now, where did I hide that tin of Roses . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment